We heard your financial S.O.S.
Finance Boot Camp
You’re ready to kickstart the business of your dreams, but finances aren’t your thing, right? Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered.
The Finance Boot Camp is a 5-week crash course held semi-annually and is geared towards entrepreneurs with business ideas and start-up businesses who have not fully developed the financial foundation for their business. Upon completing this course, you’ll gain the financial knowledge needed to start and operate your business confidently.
We’ll go over the following topics with you:
- Accounting Fundamentals (record, organize, understand financial information)
- Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement
- How to build a financial model
- How to budget and do financial forecasting
- Cash Flow
- Finance Tasks & Routines
- Common Tax Deductions
- How to calculate your gross profit margin
The Women’s Business Center at ASSETS houses all of Entrepreneur Training’s programs. It exists to support small business owners who are starting or expanding their businesses. While extra consideration is given to the specific challenges and issues for women entrepreneurs, the programs serve all—women, men, and racial and ethnic minorities.
This is the next step in building a sustainable, successful business. We promise we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Spring 2023 Finance Boot Camp
April 13th – May 11th, 2023
Curated For: Entrepreneurs in the Business Idea and Start-up Phases
Business Idea Phase Definition: noun—Has a business idea and is looking to formalize it into a business plan.
/ˈbiznəs/ /īˈdēə/ /fāz/
Start-up Business Phase Definition: noun—Has been in business for 1 year or less.
/ˈstär ˌdəp/ /ˈbiznəs/ /fāz/
- Open Enrollment Starts: Wednesday, February 15th
- Open Enrollment Ends: Friday, March 31st
- When will applicants know if they’ve been accepted?
- All applicants will be notified by March 31, and accepted applicants will be asked to confirm their attendance and complete the necessary paperwork promptly before the program begins.
- Fee: $250
- Scholarship/payment plan available upon request. Please submit your application first, and then inquire about the scholarship once you are accepted.
- Class Schedule: Cohort sessions are held in person every Thursday from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Optional: 1-on-1 coaching session is available outside of class if requested.
- What will be expected of participants?
- Come eager to build your start-up and grow your plan on a weekly basis
- Attendance and participation for all 5 weeks of class are required
- Location: Southern Market, 100 S Queen St, Lancaster, PA
- Need more info? Don’t hesitate to schedule a FREE Discovery Meeting with our trained experts or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this program and how it might be relevant for your business.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
What You’ll Gain:
Understand the Basics of the Main Financial Statements
Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow
Understand Gross Profit Margin
Learn how to calculate gross profit margin as well as other key financial ratios
Develop an Operating Budget
Learn how to analyze your budget to actuals
Prepare and Interpret Financial Forecasts and Cash Flow Forecasts
Answer “What if” scenarios so that you can make informed decisions
Review Common Tax Deductions for Small Businesses
Learn what filing deadlines you will need to adhere to
LEARN FROM AN ACCOUNTING EXPERT
Learn with Aileen Wigotow of Wigotow Consulting as she facilitates the Finance Boot Camp classes and leads the Cohort through the learning process. Dive into accounting fundamentals and gain a clear understanding of what financial tasks you are responsible for as a business owner.
Owner, Wigotow Consulting
After working 15-plus years in the private and nonprofit sector, Aileen started her own business, Wigotow Consulting, in order to provide accounting services and resources to small business owners and entrepreneurs in Lancaster, PA. With the belief that business can be used as a catalyst for good, Aileen’s hope is that Wigotow Consulting can come alongside other socially-minded businesses and together be a part of positive change in the community.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT & EMAIL ALERTS
Want to receive periodic text and email alerts about ASSETS’ programs?
Interested, but need more information before you apply?
We’d love to chat! Set up a FREE Discovery Meeting with us today to learn more about our programs and how they might be relevant for your business!Begin your journey »
A proud partnership
ASSETS is proud to partner with U.S. Small Business Administration to host the Women’s Business Center at ASSETS. As a part of the nationwide network of Women’s Business Centers, the Women’s Business Center at ASSETS strives to empower women entrepreneurs by providing access to information, contacts, contracts, and capital.
Learn more »
The Women’s Business Center at ASSETS houses all of Entrepreneur Training’s programs. The WBC exists to support small business owners who are starting or expanding their businesses. While extra consideration is given to the specific challenges and issues for women entrepreneurs, the programs serve all — women, men, and racial and ethnic minorities.
Visit their site »
The Women’s Business Center at ASSETS is funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration. SBA’s funding is not an endorsement of any products, opinions, or services. All SBA-funded programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.