Impact Business Fund
Investing in Impact
ASSETS believes that business can be about more than just making lots of money. We believe that business, done right, can be a positive force for good in the community. Our Impact Business Fund invests capital into businesses that operate using a triple-bottom-line—People, Planet, and Profit. In particular, investees must be dedicated to offering thriving wage jobs to people currently living in poverty.
In 2014, ASSETS made its first investment from the Impact Business Fund into The Lancaster Food Company, a start-up social enterprise, based in Lancaster, PA. Through its founders, Charlie Crystle and Craig Lauer, The Lancaster Food Company operates with the following values:
• All of our food is USDA Certified Organic and free of harmful additives
• We source our ingredients from local organic farmers and area businesses whenever possible
• We strive to make the best certified organic products, and regularly experiment with new formulations and products.
• We primarily hire people living in the City of Lancaster, with a focus on hiring people out of poverty.
• We pay employees at least $14/hr, and all employees will have access to stock ownership in the company through stock options (we’re still working on this). Up to 30% of the company will be employee owned in the future.
For more information, email info@assetsPA.org or call 717-393-6089.
To learn more about the Impact Business Fund, email info@assetsPA.org or call 717-393-6089