The Great Social Enterprise Pitch
Business ideas focused on People, Planet, and Profit
Do you have a business idea that focuses on a triple bottom line: people, planet & profit? Learn more about being part of the Great Social Enterprise Pitch: Lancaster’s social enterprise idea incubator & business plan competition! The process culminates with a LIVE pitch for over $50,000 in CASH and PRO-BONO PRIZES!
For more detailed information, visit www.LancasterPitch.com.
A social enterprise is a market-based, income-generating enterprise which, through the business model and revenues, has a positive social and/or environmental impact.
The Great Social Enterprise Pitch is a social enterprise idea incubator and business planning competition. As part of the competition, 10 ideas will be chosen to enter a series of workshops which will help develop and create a business plan for the ideas. Once the workshops are complete, participants conduct a crowdfunding campaign to raise awareness and funds for the launch of their enterprise. Finally, 5 participants will be chosen to participate in the Live Pitch, sharing their business plan to a panel of judges and the community. Winners will be chosen based on these presentations.
In the 2015 pitch, 300+ community members joined 5 judges to hear the live pitches and winners received over $50,000 in cash and pro-bono prizes.
How It Works
How will the Social Enterprise ideas be chosen for the workshops?
Ideas will be ranked in response to the following criteria:
• Clarity on the social or environmental need to be addressed
• Potential impact the enterprise will have on that need
• Market demand for product or services being offered
• Financial sustainability or profitability of the enterprise
• Potential for scale
• Information Meeting – Wednesday, March 15th, at ASSETS. PDF Presentation available here: Info Session.
• Spark Sessions (optional) to brainstorm your idea and meet like-minded individuals: March 23rd 6-8PM at ASSETS, April 1st 1-3PM at ASSETS, & April 5th 6-8 PM at Tec Centro.
• Application Deadline– Monday, April 10th. Applications can be found at LancasterPitch.com.
• Idea Incubators (for 10 selected participants)- May 23rd-August 15th.
• Crowdfunding (a great chance for the whole community to be involved!)- September 6th - October 8th.
• Live Pitch (for 5 finalists)- Friday, October 6th, 7-9 PM at The Ware Center.
In partnership with Lancaster County Community Foundation.
Check out the Great Social Enterprise Pitch website--www.LancasterPitch.com--for more information.